We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another scam? or just daft.

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

This morning I received the following. I do have a couple of items to be delivered but by post and cost £ not $.

Seen as there is no contact details I think its scam and I certainly wont open the attachment.

Any one else had one or is it an old scam that I have just been emailed.

USPS GLOBAL USPS Notification Our companys courier couldnt make the delivery of package.

REASON: Postal code contains an error DELIVERY STATUS: sort order SERVICE: Three-day shipping NUMBER OF package: FDLGD2VJKD FEATURES: No

Read the attached file for details.

An additional information:

If the package isnt received within 15 working days we will have the right to claim compensation from you for its keeping in the amount of $5.55 for each day of keeping of it.

Thank you for using our service. USPS Global

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It's a scam mate, I have had a couple of these in my time. A bit of info here UPS Scam.

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Yes a scam.

Click here

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Millions of people have been receiving the same emails over the past few months. It's a revival of a phishing expedition that took place a couple of years ago.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have had one and ignored it. A similar scam is where you get an official looking flyer through the letter box with a genuine delivery company logo saying "We tried to deliver an important parcel that need a signature - please telephone 0845xxxxxxx to arrange a re-delivery " The call could cost a hundred pounds or more, so always check such numbers with directory enquiries or the phone book.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

John bunyan, I am not questioning what you are saying but can you please explain how a phone call can be £100 or more. I am asking this in order that myself or others do not get caught out this way.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

bumpkin

It may have been an 09 number, not sure but it was a premium line disguised as a kosher one. Will try to find a link tomorrow.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

This is one, but there are others I think

Scams

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

john, thanks for that info. I am sure scammers will not inform you that it a premium rate but surely there is a maximum that can be charged for premium rate calls.

I have been caught out by a phone text saying that I have registered for so and so at x amount a month and if I wish to cancel text yes, which I did. They then keep sending the same message and every time you reply you get charged £1 luckily in my case I had a pay as you go phone with only £2 credit left.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There is a nasty scam around now from callers pretending to be from your bank or credit card fraud investigation team. It's called vishing see Telegraph report

Hope you can open the link.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback