We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Thunderstorms over Edinburgh.

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Right above at the moment, to thick a cloud cover for spectacular lighting views but twice I have jump with the severity of the thunder.

I love thunderstorms.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's the thunderstorms in Whitby that you need to be most wary of.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

All gone now, that's my excitement over for today.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

We have had one 'serious' incident the other day in my neighbourhood with lightening strikes. Roof collapse on one property and fire damage to same property and next door. Apparently insurance now arguing about 'act of god', But at least all the neighbours have rallied round to help?.

From about 3AM till just after 6AM we have had quite a bit of thunder and lightening. Now its very overcast, with occasional heavy rain showers, but the air is still very humid, here in Mid England.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Over here in Glasgow ... it's mid-morning but it looks like 10pm, as there are dark ominous grey leaden clouds in the sky ... looks like a big change in the weather over the next coupla days and nights.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

It could be that all you've had so far is the appetiser going by the rain radar.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

We had it most of the night but no more since 9.30 this morning in Northamptonshire.

Nice to watch but would not like to have been out in it.

Usually the heat that keeps me awake during the night now we have the thunder as well.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

We had a dry lightning storm late last night, followed by a dreigh morning.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Had to look that one up Quickbeam it just means the same as dreich. I would have known what that was.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

English spelling, but it's sounds the same as the Scots spelling:)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I was just over the bridge in Dunfermline and never hear a damn thing.

Malta is the best place I have been for spectacular storms. They used to last for hours.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...