We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Indispensible Apps?

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Bought myself a tablet (Nexus 7) before going away for a couple of weeks, loaded it with some films music and e-books as would be "out of touch", added Kindle App and VLC App to play them.

These are the only two Apps added so far (other than the other rubbish that it came with).

What apps do you find indispensible for your tablet or phone?

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

If you're into Astronomy "What's Up", I have on my Playbook.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Avast, Skydrive and TubeMate. With Dolphin and Firefox browsers. That's about it.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Apart from accessibility aids, Kindle, Patience and Pocket Informant (personal organiser).

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Kindle, online banking and the met office weather app for me.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Forgot to say I have already put Avast on it

Weather App and Astronomy App sound good had clear skies while I was away and very little light pollution.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would like an [intelligent] app that dispenses with all other 'so-called' indispensible [ but rubbishy ] apps, at the touch-of-a-button.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

BBC weather app, BBC iPlayer, WhatsApp, TuneinRadio, Sky+,

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Angry Birds, iPlayer, ITV, Sudocku, Evernote, Dropbox, Skype, BBC News and Weather, Facebook, Twitter, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, Office apps, plus quite a few more including TV guide.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Accu Weather, Audible, Smart Audio, Navfree, Memory Map, Meetup, Jukefox, BBC News, Auto Trader, Amazon,eBay, Argos, Halfords... I've gone from blanking all that trendyness from my mind to addict in a year!

But I won't be tempted by Facebook or Twitter under any circumstances.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

oh, and the BBC iFive Live Extra with the test matches.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks