We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any examples of stupid questions by seemingly intelligent beings.

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi all, I don't know if people always mean what they are asking or just don't think first.

A serious question to my wife a few days ago by a 27yr old married woman about to have her first child, point being a stable happy young person not Jeremy Kyle material.

The question " Was Mary Magdelene Henry the 8ths wife" when my wife explained about the bible, Jesus, washing his feet etc, etc, she was ridiculed and accused of being on drugs. Anyone had a similar experience.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Can you explain to me, what the serious question " Was Mary Magdelene Henry the 8ths wife" as to do with your wife's explanation about Jesus washing his feet?.

Now for being ridiculed and being accused of being on drugs, that's another matter. Ridiculed possibly, being on drugs most certainly. And quite a number, but they are are legally prescribed by the medical profession and NHS.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

spuds, sorry if you missed the point, my wife was trying to explain who Mary magdelene was, she (Mary Magdelene not my wife)washed Jesus's feet with her hair. I hope that clarifies it for you.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

has is the word

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I hope that clarifies it for you."

Might have done for spuds, but not for me!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Mary Magdelene washed Jesus's feet with her hair

I don't believe any of that but it's a personal opinion which I cannot prove or disprove.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

My posting was about stupid questions in general not just my example which has clearly been misunderstood.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

There are no stupid questions. If someone doesn't know something they don't know. A friend of mine tells the story of meeting someone who didn't know what a butterfly was.

Was he stupid? No, he just had never been exposed to butterflies in his education or life.

If this woman didn't know who Mary Magdelene was it sounds as though she has had a very fortunate upbringing free from fantasies.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Staying on the religious theme, [ sorry bumpkin ] but, my best friend's 'bright' eight-year-old daughter, whilst attending her grandpa's funeral mass, said:-

" Dad, why's that man dressed like a wizard ? " [referring to the priest.]

I can't remember what answer Brian gave, but I bet it was a good one!

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

FM, I agree with you but my intention was to get some light hearted replies from those that have been asked rather silly questions by those that should know better. Children who ask questions that make me laugh I am happy to answer, it is part of the learning process but I would have thought that a 27yr old would have known that Mary Magdelene was not Henrys wife.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

My mother used to tell a story that when I was very young and visiting an aunt, I apparently stared for ages at a painting of some hills and eventually asked where they were. I was told they were the hills of Israel upon hearing this I asked "If those are the hills of Israel, where are the lights?"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures