We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your main music type and interests?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Some time ago, I posted in Speakers Corner about female singers, and that posting brought quite a number of interesting responses.

So here's another. Do you follow a particular type of music or a particular artist.

I have a quite a large varied and most types of music cd collection, adding more every week. Over the past year or so, I have sourced more 'unknowns' or local and perhaps tribal music, from say North American Indian, Sami, Moken, Mongal or genuine 'roots' music and the like. In fact something or someone with perhaps a quirky overtone to its possible enjoyment or consideration?.

Do you follow this possible 'quirky' trend, or just stick with the chart toppers?.

If you follow the firmer, what can you suggest?.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I like listening to the theme tunes / songs of 'long ago' TV programmes that I used to watch back in the 60's & 70's; One of my favourites was the music that accompanied " The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe. "

Also, I used to tune into the late Charlie Gillett's World Music Programme on the BBC World Service [it was on about 4.am in the morning]. He played music which he liked from all over the world ... and was like a breathe of fresh air!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I am not really into music my car radio was never turned on and the only thing that gets my big toe moving is the sounds from the 50s and 60s music.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Gregorian chant to about 1850 will do nicely. Thank you.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

HB - There is actually 'Real World' or 'Rough Guide' series, that you might find interesting regarding World music.

wiz-king, How about Clannad, Celtic or similar in later versions?.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Never look back is my music motto. I dislike radio stations playing 60's/70's/80's stuff, although my wife seems to listen to little else.

I suppose the rock end of folk-rock is my thing, say Mumford & Sons, Noah & The Whale. Currently playing The Staves more than anything else plus Nick Cave's new CD. He was also best live act at Glastonbury if you can tolerate his language.

Spotify (the £4.99 per month version) gives me all the new music that I need without the adverts.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Quizman, odd you should mention Nick Cave, I was looking for a link to post earlier but gave up on the basis that few would have heard of him.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Not only Beatles come from Liverpool

click here

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Being nearly 60 my tastes are varied. From some classical through heavy metal and Motown but at the moment, or rather for the past few years I have been into Trance or latterly Hardstyle, which is what I predominantly have on my ipod.

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

wiz-king seriously? if so, what in particular?

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

My preference is synthesised instrumentals,jean Michel jarre,isao tomita,vangelis,tangerine dream,plus ultravox,Howard jones,human league,omd,mainly because i have a huge interest in synths and how they are used

wiz-king

i believe the band "enigma" used sampled gregorian chants on the album mcmix and got into trouble over copyright issues

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...