We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 919

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Iv’e had the usual Friday night trouble i.e, being unable to post for periods of time. Let’s hope this one gets through!

This is a cross between a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD and a doctored one in that there is text but it is unreadable and I cannot find any castle ending in those letters!

click here

click here

Like this post
kittyfit

Likes # 0

Could it be Busby Castle, near Kilmaurs, Ayrshire?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Or Raby Castle Darlington.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Budby Castle, Budby, Nottinghamshire NG22 9EU click here

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

lotvic

Think you have cracked it with that one.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

lotvic Well Done. I didn't get anywhere with this and frankly I didn't think anyone else would, well done indeed!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

kittyfit nice to see a new face, I tinkered with that but couldn't make the image fit the evidence :o{

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Thank you. After not having any luck in finding any for past few years... I'm now very pleased with myself :)

I found a bit more info on the castle, apparently it was built to house the boat crews and was originally named Castle William after William Scott, "Captain of the Mary" click here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

lotvic

Good find. To get a genuine unidentified one is brilliant - I often need a Brumas clue!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan I tried to post last night but was, as usual, thwarted by the gremlins. What I would liked to have said was that I admire the fortitude, perspicacity and general good spirits shown by yourself during, what must be, a very harrowing episode in your life, respect!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Brumas

Very kind, but many are far worse off than me - see Panorama on PTSD, and at reunions I see young guys with life changing wounds who are really to be admired for thei humour and courage..

Thanks again for the competition. Just a thought in view of the problems you have encountered - maybe a first post at 2030?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia