We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ashes Day Kick Off

Quickbeam
Resolved

Likes # 0

I do wish that they wouldn't big things up as a walk over just because we dun well at rugby and tennis and the Olympics.

I fear that the Aussies will not roll over for treats as desired, They take being beaten as their inspiration to alter fate. But hey, an easy win isn't a worthy win. But I think it'll be one of the best series in years.

Ashes 2013

There is a quote in that link, "The aim of English cricket is mainly to beat Australia." That's the Ashes in a nutshell.

1]: [click here

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

More disruption to the normal TV programs - still it does tend to keep to time.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Latest betting on THE ASHES (series winner):-

England 4/11

Australia 4/1

Draw 11/2

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like most sports programs probably only televised on Sky so only for those that can afford to watch it.

What a difference with Wimbledon free to watch and the final watched by more than 13 million viewers in the UK.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Jock1e, because it's only on SKY is a good excuse for to go down [or up] to the pub to watch for a half-an-hour or so ;o]

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Luckily cricket is probably the best sport to suit radio commentary. They have all the time in the world to tell, plus Agers' lunchtime and teatime summaries of the play so far keep you well informed. That combined with the BBC website, evening C5 highlights and a day in the flesh (Friday) gives me enough. Unless this new kid, Root, scores a double ton in his first Ashes test. But that'll all be down to the toss...

No schedule disruptions with cricket now that Sky have pinched it wiz-king. The only person I've ever known to watch every ball played of every test match is a friends dad that's been incapacitated from work for the last 20 years. He's had to revert to the radio.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If I never saw cricket played I would be a happy man, that and golf really do not lend themselves to televisual excitement.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Excitement lies within the loins of the beholder...

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I see the captain of the English team is predicting how a 'hard' game its going to be. Doesn't all governing bodies,captains and supporter's of whatever sport or contest say that?.

Personally when it comes to cricket, I would rather take the dogs for a walk to the local park, and watch the local Asian lad's play the local white lad's on a nice warm and breezy day.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I just knew that the bogging up tactic was wrong...

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Is this an ODI?

The BBC has introduced a new one-minute summary of the day. Good luck getting 13(+?) wickets into one minute.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...