We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sobering video for a Sunday Morning!

Al94

Likes # 0

From Moneyweek click here

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

If, like me, you get bored with listening to that stream of drivel click to close the page. You'll get a pop-up offering you the chance to read the transcript of the video.

Do that and scroll to the bottom of the script and, as I suspected, you'll find that the solution to this terrible situation is to take out a subscription to the magazine.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Of course it's an advert for Money Week but the facts in the video are worthy of consideration. I wouldn't dismiss them as drivel. Can you disprove them?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Best advert I've seen for donkeys years ... but I would advise folk not to subscribe to MoneyWeek, but put some dosh on Andy Murray to beat The Joker this afternoon at Wimbledon. Easy Money!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Scaremongering to sell a magazine, peppered with alleged facts. Whilst we should not underestimate the situation we are in as a country, I see no reason why I should assume they know best and buying their magazine will make everything right for me.

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

Well if you believe everything you read or watch on the interweb.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

'I wouldn't dismiss them as drivel.'

That's what they're hoping. It's called confirmation bias. Because you think the economy is in a mess, you accept what the video says as facts.

If another magazine posted a video saying everything is going well to see us have a sustainable recovery chances are you be trotting out the 'lies, damn lies & statistics' cliché.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

"If, like me, you get bored with listening to that stream of drivel click to close the page"

I suffered it for about 5mins, load of ill informed rubbish. I agree with you on this one.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

There are none so blind as those who will not see

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

A194, do you believe it then, just another gloom & doom forecast in my opinion. If it has any credibility at all then what actually can happen at the end of the day.

I am not taking an argumentative approach here, I would genuinely like comments from yourself and others.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

Why Dismiss it without thinking about it, You cannot bury you head in the sand and hope it will all go away, looking at the posts above remind me of those that smoked used to say it does no harm, till they found about people dying of lung cancer, one such was Roy Castle and he was a none smoker, but it did entertain in Clubs Pubs before the none smoking ban, its called PASSIVE SMOKE.

because you cannot see it does not mean its any less dangerous, Stick a finger in the light socket and let somebody throw the switch you will soon get the point. As in the Video its not all Waffle

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...