We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dear dear dear

wiz-king
Resolved

Likes # 0

BBC to drop 3D.

• Tags:
  • 3d
Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

More cash wasted by the BeeB?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I wont treat my self to a new telly then - wondered why there haven't been many adverts on the various channels.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

And money wasted by anyone who ever wasted money on the latest wave of this silly fad. Good riddance to it!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I don't think it is fair to call it a fad. It is just that the technology is not there yet. I think the biggest bugbear is the wearing of glasses to view it and then only from the correct angle. So until that is sorted then I cannot see a large take up except from those who jump in as soon as anything new comes out without giving much thought to the product.

I used to do that with my PC games but since the money men have move in and games are now put on the market unfinished then I have learnt to curb my gaming lust till all the patches are out and the community has discovered all the tweaks.

I get a better game and invariably cheaper.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

This is the third or fourth wave of this fad. "The technology is not there yet" has, so far, supposedly applied to all of them.

Anyway, my eyes are out of whack in such a way that I can't see this effect they like to call 3D, so my opinion is irrelevant anyway ;)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

And there was me thinking about having a television change or upgrade to 3D (I fancy the Blues Brothers glasses). Looks like a 'back to the drawing board' verdict, until further news reports?.

Or am I missing something here?.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

1. The pips
    1. The Type A microphone
    2. The Radiophonic Workshop
    3. Worldwide ive satellite link-ups
    4. The first full colour TV service in Europe
    5. CEEFAX
    6. The BBC Micro
    7. DAB
    8. iPlayer

All innovations that the BBC either led or played a major role in. So 3D hasn't taken off but you can't complain that it was a waste of money unless you're willing to do without all the innovations that have succeeded.

This was a 2 year trial. 'Trial' is the important word.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad