We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's beta testing time again.

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Norton has asked us to test the latest beta version of Norton 360 and/or Norton Internet Security, and I'm looking for volunteers to join our testing panel.

As before with these tests, I want people who can commit to testing the products over the coming ten days or so, and provide feedback in our special beta forum. Please don't apply if you're about to go on holiday, or if Aunt Doris and her ten cats are coming to stay.

In return for your help, Norton will send you a full one year licence for the final release software, when it's launched.

Interested?

Send me your name, an email address, and your postal address, and tell me which of the products you would like to test. If I get too many applications for one of the products I'll assign names to the other test. We'll take your application as being a consent to provide your name and postal address to Norton.

Please do NOT make your application via this thread - email me at: [email protected]

I'll get back to you to confirm your place on the test panel, and provide you with further instructions.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've received a number of responses, but we need more volunteers if we are to run this test - we can't do it with the number of people who have so far applied.

Why not have a go? It will not take up much of your time, is easy to do, and you'll get a full one year licence for the new software as a reward for your effort.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Sent my email FE

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

With the amount of advertising on this site has now driven away most if the forum viewers.

Now your having problems getting volunteers to Beta Test. How embarrassing.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"With the amount of advertising on this site has now driven away most if the forum viewers."

If that were the case the advertisers would soon take their business elsewhere.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Beta Its never driven me away,the quality of the responses and assistance on here is excellent so a few ads wouldnt bother me,ive sent my email to FE

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

ßeta

**"With the amount of advertising on this site has now driven away most if the forum viewers. Now your having problems getting volunteers to Beta Test. How embarrassing."**

What on earth are you talking about?

Firstly, you have no idea how many people view the forums. The number has actually risen over the past year, rather than declined.

Secondly, I'm not even slightly embarrassed about the number of beta volunteers - I've had plenty of responses, but for various reasons lots of them don't meet the requirements. We usually get off to a slowish start, and then get a rush of applications. That's been happening over the past couple of days.

Frankly if you haven't got anything better to do than post nonsense it might be better if you didn't post at all.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

FE

Any news on the beta testing yet?

Aunt Doris and her ten cats are all packed and waiting for a confirmation date to come and stay.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Pine Man

Check your inbox later tonight/tomorrow morning. I'll be writing to everyone later today.

Like this post
tasslehoff burrfoot

Likes # 0

Do you still need volunteers?

I'd be happy to but need to know what commitment is required. Just running a scan every now and then? Daily? Providing feedback or just reporting errors?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

tasslehoff burrfoot - if you look at the previous [padlocked] threads in the BETA TESTING departemment, you will get a good idea of what is involved.

It's not difficult [at all] but you have to respond to the Forum Editor's requests in an ordered and timely manner. I do hope you are not too late to take part in the test.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added