We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google's making a video game console ... & a 'smart' watch

Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Google is reportedly working on a game console that would be powered by its Android operating system plus a smartwatch too !

It's aim ? to undercut rival Apple ... but do we need yet another game console and a smart watch ?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It's aim ? to undercut rival Apple

What console do they make then?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

iBOB the new apple game console.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

LOL, but that's me knackered,no teeth.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

My watch tells me the time very accurately, and has done so for a long time. I assume it will go on doing it. I don't really want it to be smarter than that.

The games console project is another matter. I'm not qualified to pass judgement on that, but it will involve some serious R&D money, and some serious marketing money.

Like this post
Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

"What console do they make then?"

Something to do with their smart TV. In Apple's vision of gaming, the iPhone or iPad is the console whilst the Apple TV is the receiver, thanks to a something called AirPlay

*i’m Watch

What your smartphone was missing before is finally here. The world’s first real smartwatch. It connects via Bluetooth and brings you calls, SMS, e-mails, notifications and any app directly to your wrist*.

Your for £299..... NO..... it's been reduced to £219.

So the answer is it's a mini ish smart phone that has a wrist strap

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014