We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Brady, is it us that are insane?

spider9
Resolved

Likes # 0

Brady has legal expenses (up to now) estimated at quarter of a million, and he has the right to further appeals!

Brady trial

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The legal expenses will be paid to Barristers etc. as that is the cost of Law. Killer Brady has the legal right, as I assume we all have, to legal representation. For being eligible for Legal Aid is another matter for us minions. He seems to dislike the hospital treatment and hopefully he won't be allowed to leave. Tax payers money well spent unless they bring back capital punishment.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

It baffles me as to the time and money spent on the likes of Ian Brady. Does anybody know anybody that gives a toss as to what happens to him other than the media.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

If I were in charge of him there would have been an unfortunate accident many years ago.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

bumpkin, part of me still agrees with your sentiments but think about it. The Hell his befuddled brain is going through is worth keeping it alive for years.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

rdave13, good point if you believe in torture, don't care is his case just object to us paying for it.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

'he has the right to further appeals!'

That's not the linked story says;

'he can only launch an appeal if he can show that the tribunal got the law wrong.'

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Does anybody know anybody that gives a toss as to what happens to him other than the media."

It would be a retrograde step for this country if people ceased to care about those in prison or mental hospitals, no matter what they have done.

Having said that, Brady is as strong a case for the return of capital punishment as Timothy Evans was for its abolition.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Too much law and not enough justice.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Everyone should be entitled to legal representation. What annoys me though is that brady seems to have a legal team.

WTM

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

fourm member , in the BBC link I can quote "has the right to challenge the decision" but can't see any reference to 'he can only launch an appeal if he can show that the tribunal got the law wrong.'

I've read it a few times, must be me being tired, but can't see it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED