We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unsubscribe pc editorial newsletter

jiggy1965

Likes # 0

I keep getting those PC Advisor newsletters. From 'Matt Egan, editor, PC Advisor [email protected]'. Don't want those so I click on 'Update your preferences' like the newsletter says when I want to unsubscribe. I go to my newsletters preferences page. All checkboxes are already unchecked. Nevertheless I click on 'Update'. But I keep getting those newsletters. Did that update procedure a few times, but the newsletters won't stop. What do I have to do to get rid of those newsletters??

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Email Matt Egan. Scroll down to the bottom. Here.

Like this post
Merc83

Likes # 0

Hi Jiggy,

I have found it impossible to unsubscribe from the newsletter.Have you managed to unsubscribe?

When you sign up they say "Our goal is to make the subscribe and unsubscribe process as smooth as possible, and as always, we welcome your feedback" which has not been my experience.

My feedback: PCAdvisor stop sending me emails I don't want.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Thread on same subject in tech helproom. As Al94 states the My Preference route doesn't currently work.

Like this post
Fiona™©

Likes # 0

I've created a rule in my email client to automatically send any email from Matt Egan and his colleagues to "Deleted Items". This is a way around the issue with PC Advisor not doing what they say they will do.

Like this post
Dddagg

Likes # 0

Sound advice, mark as spam with google or your provider also if sufficient people do this it will eventually cause a response.

Like this post
mike`

Likes # 0

Or just hit the delete key....... how hard is it?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Unfortunately any e-mails you received that you have not asked for should be classed as spam.

No use clicking on the button that you want to unsuscribe as you still get them.

Unfortunately this has been going on for years and no doubt they have tried to fix it.

I still get the odd couple coming through but not as many as I used to so can manage what I get.

What I did was change my e-mail address just for PCA and I very seldom open it so that way it does not bother me that much.

Worth a try it is easy enough to open a new e-mail account.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi.

This should work via the Preference Centre. We'll check here, and if that doesn't work, as you suggest, we'll get it fixed.

Regards,

Simon

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

simonjary

Has that not been available for years or have you modified it recently.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I think the problem is getting e-mails from users after you post a thread.

Now I do not want e-mails sent to me to tell me I have a new reply I can see that for myself.

Now can you stop those as well if you can.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...