We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Keeping abreast of the situation

Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Wait for it .....

The Guardian ( yes once again ) reports on the 'row' about Holly Willoughby's dress worn the other night on the BBC.

The Guardian headlines the article, written by a woman I might add ) "The real boobs in the Holly Willoughby dress row are the 139 angry viewers".

What a fuss over nothing ! We used to be called a nation who did not complain but now its gone the other way. Pop over to the commercial channels and see all the ad's between children's TV for cat food, body lotion etc.

The Sun Newspaper reacts with a comment, again reported in the Guardian "The Sun's Page 3 models get dressed"

The final of The Voice did prop up it's viewing figures from about 4.2 million to an average audience of 7.2m, but 139 complains out of 7.2 million, again I say what's the fuss ?

Are these 139 expecting to go back to the Nan Winton days or have they got nothing else to complain about ?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

A group of people are at a conference in a country house. Someone suggests hiring a bus to go out for a trip to a pub. Most of the group want to go.

It is 1953. Everyone goes and shares the cost.

It is 1973. Everyone shares the cost but the people who don't want to go stay behind.

It is 1993. Only the people going pay. Those who stay behind don't pay anything.

It is 2013. The people who don't want to go burst the tyres on the bus so no-one can go.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Thank you for this thread. I now know who Holly Willoughby is!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

"If you've got it, flaunt it"

What's the fuss?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Can't see anything wrong with the dress, she is a very attractive woman and looks good in it. It is the complainers that have the problem I bet I can guess their religion.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Amish?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Was it that obvious:-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014