We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 907

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

I’ll post the final one before I turn in. I think this is a far busier place nowadays.

click here

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Wow, how annoying, first time a pic from my own patch and I couldn’t find it. I live 2 miles from this location, I work 1 mile away but as it disappeared about the time I was born I have never seen it before.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

No wonder we could not get it that must be one of the biggest fountains that I have seen.

But the actual photo it certainly did not look like a fountain more like a monument of some sort so I was on the wrong track straight away.

I suppose it did not matter that it was removed 50 years ago or not if we had typed drinking fountains we would still have got it.

This from Woolwells click here.

Click Here

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Woolwell that's why it took so long!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Blackhat pay attention there in the back, absolutely no excuse for missing that ;o}}

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brumas

last night was just a blip.

Folk on Holidays.Nice night so out for a few pints.

Summer is almost over so it will be back to normal in no time.

And of course stop having computer problems on Friday nights or we may all have to chip in and buy you a new one.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e - "Nice night" - It was raining heavily where I live!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Jock1e. I will chip in some virtual cash for a new virtual computer for Brumas if you will.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Jock1e , Bing.alau

Thanks for the concern but I have a five year old 27 inch iMac running the latest OSX, regularly updated and maintained, so it is not the computer, it is this site!!!

Rest assured, I will keep IL/TP up as long as it is a pleasure and not a chore - I am determined to see the day when I post Identification longshot and Talking Point 10,000, I am forever the optimist ;o}

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Brumas. Good luck with that but I doubt I will be around to congratulate you when the day arrives. But I hope it does arrive. God bless!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Brumas

Keep it up, and thanks.this weeks were hard, but your clues were well timed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...