We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Could this be the ultimate insult?

Algerian peter

Likes # 0

You are a face that is splashed world wide on tv screens.

You meet the most powerful men and women in the world.

You control billions of pounds.

And your name is "Jeffrey"

Is it time to get a new PR team? my name is...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... it's nothing to get worked-up about ... I'm sure we have all slipped up, likewise.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

O'Buma

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not an ultimate insult but a slip of the tongue, but apparently if some media are correct, it left a certain minister seething?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps a bit like Bush, when he supposedly insulted Blair on an occasion, by addressing Blair by his surname in the tone of a cowboy?.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Would that have been 'Howdy there Blair' then...

Like this post
Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

"Could this be the ultimate insult?"

Sorry I call all new waiters "Jeffrey"

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It must be difficult for an American President to remember the names of every foreign politician at summit meetings.

During the 2011 Republican presidential campaign Mitt Romney (he of a thousand gaffes) took part in a presidential debate. Introducing himself, the CNN presenter said "I'm Wolf Blitzer and yes, that's my real name."

Mitt Romney replied "I'm Mitt Romney—and yes Wolf, that's also my first name." Apparently forgetting that his first name is actually Willard - Mitt is his second name.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

It could have been worse - if he had been addressed as "Ozzy"...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ozzy has the same problem...

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I beats me why the media gets so worked-up over a minor slip of the tongue. I'm sure they assume most of their audience has an IQ of less than 12.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'