We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

We got a newdog last month

Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

The children called it 'STAY'

Come here Stay !

The poor thing's gone mad !

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Tut Tut. I think you need to take the children to puppy training. grin

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

That's the advantage of having a cat. It doesn't really matter what you call them they usually ignore you anyway.

Our cat is 'officially' called Dusty for the purpose of his microchip and the vets' records, and you have to have something sensible to call when you want him to come in, but most of the time he's called 'Little Poo' a name that came about when we first got him from the RSPCA and he use to make some evil smells from his rear end, and you wouldn't really want to stand on the doorstep calling that! He's also called Cat, PussPuss, Kitty, Move, Shift, Get out of the Way, and many other things all of which he totally ignores. The only words he really responds to are 'dinner' and 'WAAWA' a sound he makes himself and means food.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Whatever my dogs have been called, more often than not it's stay dog, go right dog, to me dog, move dog.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Our most recent dog who was rescued via the RSPCA about 4 years ago, came with the name of Stryder, but being a cross with a Rhodesian Ridgeback, Staffordshire Bull Terrier a possibly Lurcher, we decided to find an Africaan name for him, but somehow this didn't materialise and he became Tyler for the vet's records. It seems to settle for 'Dog' very well?.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Nothing to do with dogs, but did anyone see that Horizon program on cats last week. That was certainly an eye opener.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Chronos, was going to see the program but missed it. Going on the cat population around my neck of the woods, then watching them is an experience in itself, especially when they leave their trademarks around :O)

The two dog's we have tend to live in harmony with the cats, but we did have an incident many years ago, when A cat got fed-up with a German Shepherd we had. A large and apparently protective dog with a badly scared nose doesn't look to impressive.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Horizon program on cats

I saw it, very good.

Much more 'Cat Cam' footage on the website

cats

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Apparently when we take out horses out for a stroll we look a right sight; old dog in front then a couple of horses then young dog and finally the cat. The cat will only go round the block and often takes a short cut home through the woods. The dogs have been trained to walk with the horses and automatically stop at road junctions and 'over' starts them crossing over the junction, 'cross' makes them cross to the other side of the road and 'path' makes them get on the pavement. It makes them a pleasure to go out with and causes amusement to passers-by but with us riding the horses we cant have them on leads.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well a companion for life and will soon settle in to be one of the family.

If you do not have it insured yet I would say do it as quickly as possible you never know the minute that you will need to see the vet and it can be very costly.

Training is probably a good idea as my daughter bought a Labrador 2 years ago and it is still as mad as when she got it because it has never been trained.

She can't let it off the leash as if it sees another dog it is off to play.Same with people all it wants to do is play but some folk do not appreciate that and I can understand why.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

wiz-king - I do hope that you scoop up and bin your dogs' whoopsies ... horse whoopsies are OK ;o]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer