We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Solicitor's Letters. Specimens anywhere on line?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Does anyone know where I can find a specimen solicitor's letter for reclaiming debts please? A so called friend owes me £250 and I want to give him a jolt without paying more money for a genuine one. I suppose it may be illegal but is it?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd. That was quick, thanks very much, maybe not quite what I was expecting but a good start. Thanks again.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Just a suggestion but you may find free legal advice included in your household insurance. Worth a look.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

OK bumpkin. Thanks.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Perhaps the suggestion to him that a few of the lads from our former unit will be calling in a week or so to collect it unless he returns it before then may concentrate his mind?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

jb. The thought has crossed my mind previously. But I am pretty certain I could handle him on my own even at my age, then thought that may only lead to further grief. He wouldn't be getting any wages whilst laying in a hospital bed.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

A fake solicitors letter Vs a punch on the hooter... hard one to call that:)

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 1

Before resorting to violence or legal action why not ask him for some sort of payment now with the rest to be paid in instalments. If he does not have the money he cannot give it to you.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Citizens Advice? They have sample letters for people who owe money and should have sample letters for the other way round.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - if I were in your shoes, I would forget about it [ after tryin' bumpkin's advice] ... 'cos it's not worth bothering about. You'll get over it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...