We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Who will be Who ?

Dragon_Heart
Resolved

Likes # 0

So now that Matt Smith has decided to hand in his 'sonic screwdriver' who will they pick for the new regenerated Dr Who ?

Based upon the story lines over the past few years they will have to be young and / or physically fit.

Will they go with an establish, well known actor to the TV public or go, as they did with Matt Smith, for an virtual unknown to the general viewing public ?

Will they keep the same format i.e. a male actor ?

If they decided upon a woman I would suggest Joanna Lumley OK OK I know she's a pensioner now but she is still a fine actress. She also player the Doctor in a Red Nose Day sketch, very funny ! Or how about Helena Bonham Carter if Tim Burton does not need her for one of his films for a couple of years.

How about a black Dr Who ? I would suggest someone like Arinze Kene who has played in Casualty, EastEnders and Hollyoaks or Daniel Kaluuya who has already acted on Dr Who back in 2009 he also played Agent Tucker in Johnny English Reborn.

There is, what appears to be, on ongoing theme of the Doctor not wishing to regenerate with red hair ! So how about Eddie Redmayne (Les Misérables) ?

Dr Who with attitude ? Vinnie Jones :-)

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

An older actor would seem a bit odd. When the Doctor comes up for regeneration they don't normally trade him in for an older model!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's true, most of us would opt for a younger and imature regeneration over an older and more mature regeneration.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm afraid I'm not that interested in who gets the part. My wife likes the programme, but I can't stand it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I am with wee eddie and FE on this, I am afraid. Last watched it in John Pertwee and Dalek days.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Tom Baker was the only one to take the role not quite seriously enough thereby making him the most credible Dr Who of all time."

Not a patch on William Hartnell, who was by no means in the first flush of youth when he got the part.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Clint Eastwood aka Dirty Harry still around. I am sick of the namby pamby girlie lets not kill anything Dr Whos. I want someone with a machine gun in one hand and a beautiful girl in the other and a flask of booze in the hip pocket.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Rowan Atkinson would make a good Doctor ... as long as he [ Atkinson ] played him [ Who ] as a straight 'level-headed and 'boring' character who was not as silly as his previous incarnations, I reckon.

That would be a giggle.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Who will be Who ?

Roger Daltry???

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... there's plenty o' room to swing a microphone on a lead ... in the Tardis ... possible a contender.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Roger swinging mic ... stand well clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY_hJCYuZ90

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED