We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

None so blind as those who cannot see

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

How can you be married for 46 years and not notice something wrong with the way your wife eats meals.

I just noticed after all those years when my wife was cutting up some meat on her plate about a week ago and was struggling a bit.

What are you doing I said.

looked at me as though I was daft and said trying to cut up this bit of meat.

But you have the knife and fork in the wrong hands,That's the way you would do it if you are left handed.

Of course she replied this is the way I have always done it.

So how can you live with someone for that length of time without noticing that something was just a little odd about her eating habits.

She is right handed normally so felt a bit of a fool that I had never noticed before.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

There's that old thing about you don't see anything. You perceive what your brain describes. Years ago, it took my wife three weeks to spot that I'd shaved off my moustache.

Her brain hadn't bothered to describe the difference in my face.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

Did she not feel any difference when kissing you?

Or perhaps you had been in the 'doghouse' for a month, and lacking marital comforts? (:-))

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Jock1e, my son is mostly righthanded but eats lefthanded. When he first started writing and drawing he could use either hand equally. I am a little bit the same, especially when decorating painting walls/woodwork etc. - it's a case of whichever hand will reach and be easiest.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Jock1e Just think, if you had sharper knives and tenderer meat you would never have noticed ;o}}

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brumas

Can't sharpen the knives in case she uses them on me.Must have been Horse meat that we had that day it was a bit tough.

fourm member

That sort of describes it perfectly but makes me feel a bit like Rip Van Winkle.

lotvic

That is the first time I have seen her using her left hand, like me she is right handed.It just seems to have taken me so long to recognise her problem if it is a problem.

It should have been something I should have picked up on a long long time ago.It sort of defies logic how can you miss something like that for so long.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

There's that old war-time story about the man who came home from work, tired and cold, to be greeted by his wife saying 'Notice anything different about me?' His mind raced, and he tried the obvious - 'You've had your hair done'

'No', she said, 'Try again'.

'You've bought a new dress'

'Nope, try again'

'New shoes?' (Desperate now)

'Try again'

'I give up', he said 'Just tell me, and get it over with'.

'I'm wearing a gas mask'

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Never heard that one before but it is quite funny when you see it for the first time.

I suppose it is part of None so blind as those who cannot see.

Funny how the old mind plays tricks on you at times.It has been staring me in the face all those years and I never seen it until recently.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... when one begins to 'see the light' it can [possibly] be a very comforting feeling.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Jock1e, I think that's nice - finding out 'new' things about your other. Should keep you on your toes wondering what else you've not discovered yet..

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I need to check if my wife is wearing a gas mask, no she is not tonight I knew there was odd about her.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia