We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is your Web Cam spying on You

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Web cams, so how easy is it for some one to spy on us through our own web Cam.

Maybe its about time a sliding cover was adapted for Laptops etc.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Is my webcam spying on me ... I am quite sure that is a great big NO!

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

I haven't a clue as to the answer to this question but I have heard the question many times.

The common suggestion is a little piece of black insulating tape (or alternative) over the camera lens would put paid to any idea of spying or pictures being taken. Then you should be able to relax and feel more secure.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It all depends on what you do in front of it for whether you need to worry or not...

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Mine is currently lying on it's back, kicking it's little legs in the air, since it fell over months ago and has lain undisturbed since.....I hope anyone spying likes my office ceiling.

Like this post
kad292

Likes # 0

If 'they' are i trust they have a sick bag.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

No camera can spy on you if you simply turn it off.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Phew!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I always wondered why my webcam had a sliding cover over its lens, seemed a bit superfluous at the time and I've never used it - perhaps I should !

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Of course mine is as it was made in the good ol' USA.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I didn't realize it was possible until talking to a mate. Nothing to hide but I do go out a lot and leave the laptop and an All in one Desk top on through the day.

If any one can see through the camera can they hack a microphone and pick up on conversation.

If that's possible, that's uncomfortable as you do discuss when you go out and on holiday etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer