We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Screen Protectors.

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Anyone got a sure fire and simple way of putting a screen protector on a tablet? Recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and this morning took delivery of a case which also came with a screen protector, which I might add is now in the bin. I cannot seem to get all the bubbles of air out.

It was the same with the Nexus 7, I bought a pack of 5 protectors and finally on the fourth one got it sorted.

So any advice eagerly wanted.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

That's interesting. Unfortunately in my frustration I have destroyed the only protector I had. But I will definitely try that method.Cheers.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Just hold down the edge and then let it fall naturally and slowly onto the screen. Don't try to smooth it with your fingers on the way down too much.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Used to use Fablon to cover maps. The only way to do it without bubbles was to start at one edge and smooth the film down with finger/duster towards the far edge. Crap at first, but after 30 yrs of practise, smooth and bubble free!

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

In my experience screen protectors pick up even more dirt and fingerprints than the glass does , so now I just carry a microfibre cleaning cloth with me and give it a good polish up now and then

after a few years of use I have never yet managed to scratch a glass screen although I will admit to dropping and breaking one or two in the past

Cheers HC

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 - That brought back lots of memories of fablon and the correct way to fold maps too. Think that I used to use a ruler.

I too use a microfibre cleaning cloth.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

One of my previous jobs was as a vinyl applicator so as you can imagine any bubbles and the clients job was ruined if we use used self adhesive permanent pvc The technique we used was only to take a small part of the backing off and work on the small area pushing it flat with a "bank card" as you slowly peel the backing off Like this

http://www.graphixnstuff.com/applyvinyl.html

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It's much more fun filming a bathroom window with decorative film but same method applies.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Most decent tablets have a pretty hard screen and really no need for protective film. Just clean with a lint free cloth (e.g. spectacle cloth) dampened with spectacle cleaner or the like. Also using stylus makes an enormous difference in keeping the crap of the screen (and is much more precise than a fat digit).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room