We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The 'Secret' Button

WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Did anyone know about the Secret Button that is apparently to be found in our streets?

Certainly I had no idea. Never heard of it, in fact. But it does make some kind of sense, and I'm going to look out for it in the future.

WTM

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Maybe you have to live in a secret town as well.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

"Not a secret button to be found on any of the crossings in my local town :0(

They have done the job well then.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

my son told us about these about 5years ago he was showing us at the crossing the secret button under the pedestrian crossing display,i must admit we didnt believe him we thought he was having a joke with us but fair play to him he was correct Ive been and apologised to him today!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Today, I spied and felt . . . 4 'secret' tactile buttons [newly installed ... and twirling] hiding underneath the local traffic-light-pedestrian-user-control-panel that I use every day ... made my day!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... thanks, WTM.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Aitchbee. Small things amuse small minds. Thanks WTM.. I'm going in to my local village to have a look see...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.alau ... to spice things up-a-bit, I will [from now on] be alternating left hand finger 'n' thumb and right hand finger 'n' thumb ... when using the 'secret buttons' on that particular pedestrian crossing ;o]

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Well still not found one myself, but now I'm determined to encounter one.

WTM

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

old5chool, welcome to the forum. Thought I'd say that as everyone else seems to be asleep in the UK.

:)

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

What gets me is the number of (sighted) people that push the button to cross at road junctions. Lights are going to change (at the same time) anyhow regardless of whether you push the button (except maybe when there is no traffic at all around, in which case one wouldn't need to wait for the lights).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July