We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 895

Brumas

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

This is a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted with a standard back yielding no clues!

Obviously the location of the image would be too difficult, so what we want to know is , what exactly are we seeing?

click here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I think it is a newspaper printing press.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Maybe Bingalau could give us some more info then, wasn't he a Typesetter in an earlier life?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Looks like a famous name newspaper's first edition run ... hot off the press!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I agree with Aitchbee, but will have to leave it to the night shift...

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Wonder if it is a rotary print screen machine for wallpaper?

However the offcuts and crowd makes me lean towards newspaper.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

It looks like there must have been a bit of a jam which would explain the chap in the bowels of the machine and that untidy pile of newspapers.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Last days of NOTW ......

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Could not spot that nice Rebecca. Nor Maxwell with the Mirror. A bit too middle of the road for the Times, maybe. If not solved by night shift will have to search through all those old newspapers that were around in, say 1938 ish

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The News of the World was a national red top newspaper published in the United Kingdom from 1843. Still my guess.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I would suggest somewhere in USA, judging by the Clothes & Cigar!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...