We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to add a hyperlink to your forum posts, and other help with using the forum

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

Quite a few people appear to have difficulties with including hyperlinks in their forum posts.

We have recently posted a revised edition of our rules for using the forum, together with some helpful hints on forum conduct, etc. Included is an explanation of how to add hyperlinks to your posts.

You can read about it by clicking on the link that says "view forum rules" at the top of each forum page, or by clicking here The explanation on hyperlinks is in the section entitled 'Forum jargon'

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

The way I post hyperlinks seems a lot easier, having said that, everything becomes easier and automatic with repetition.

I write click here then high light it, I then copy the URL then I click on the blue globe icon and paste directly into the text box without deleting any text and press OK. The click here then turns blue, a little simpler for dumbos like me ;o}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't even bother with to write a click here phrase. I just write the opening paragraph and convert the relevant direction words with the globe tool as in this example, and the opening post in the link.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I've put my comments and suggestions on FE's sticky Thread in Helproom

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I fear we've just made it even more confusing now...

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I guess you may be right Quickbeam.

I don't think I have ever had need to add a hyperlink, I shall now have a look at the instructions by following the "view forum rules" at the top of the page. I've just spotted it where it says Welcome Bing.alau. Thanks for all the info.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK