We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vintage Apple computer sold for

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Have any of you got an old Vintage Apple PC in you garage.

One of Apple's first computers, a functioning 1976 model, has been sold for a record 516,000 euros (£441,000).

I have a couple of early lug-gables in working order or they did work last time I looked at them but not Apple.

Also have a oldish 386 still in its carton with all disks books etc its unused but faulty. It blows fuses when switched on, in the PC, I will have to dig it out. Forgot about till now.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I view all that sort of stuff as obsolete, worthless and completely disposable.

Now if I were to find a pre-war Norton International to racing spec in a barn... everyone to their own!

Like this post  
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

When you look at some of the old (they call them Antiques) stuff they sell today and the prices people will pay for them, I can only conclude that some people have more money than sense, unless you want them for either Resale (to another mug) or sentimental value.

Terry

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Quickbeam, time to hide in the toilet if it's your round next:-)

Like this post
kad292

Likes # 0

Quickbeam, I am salivating (metaphorically speaking)at the thought, though a Brough Superior or an Vincent HRD,if no one wants, sends vibrations through my thighs.

There are times when i question the "classic" status accorded to various items,automotive or otherwise,legacy may be an appropiate standard but are they really worth that much.

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

My best clothes must be worth a fortune!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...