We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Latest Police Reaction (Is it terrorism?)

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

It looks like the police were pretty quick in reacting to a terrible incident in London this afternoon. It seems a man was attacked with machetes etc., he died and the police shot the attackers who it has been said on TV were Muslims. The man who was attacked was wearing a "Help The Hero's" Shirt. It is thought he may be a soldier.

I'm wondering was it a planned attack? How were armed police on the spot so quickly, perhaps they were expecting something to happen, but then couldn't react quickly enough to save the man who was attacked. We will no doubt learn more later but as COBRA have been meeting over the incident it must be very serious.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 1

BBC reports tend to suggest a Muslim extremist attack. If so we should not be surprised. A terrible situation.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

This is a bit like the Boston Bombers. A woman witness called the police and the school, which "locked down" . It seems they were filming, too and the events were gruesome. If both were killed by the police, at least some costs are saved and these people stopped in future, but a pity they could not be interrogated to find their chain of command and friends, all of whom should be rounded up and locked up if guilty, deported if foreign passport holders, along with their families. I know the "human rights" of the innocent argument, but these people have no concept of empathy or regard for human rights of their victims.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"How were armed police on the spot so quickly"

I don't know about other cities, but in London armed officers are patrolling the city in unmarked cars all the time, ready for a rapid response to incidents like this one.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 1

BBC just said the police took 20 minutes to arrive, which is somewhat less than quick.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If both were killed by the police,

On the BBC TV News they stated that the two shot by police were seriously injured - nothing about being shot dead.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I was under the impression that arms were only issued on very rare occasions, and under strict rules. But then maybe I haven't kept up with modern thinking. I think every police officer should be armed as in other European countries and of course the USA.

Just as a matter of interest, are Canadian police officers armed?

I am a keen watcher of Murdoch on TV and think it is a brilliant show. Some of the stories are far fetched of course. But I liked the episode with Winston Churchill as a visiting journalist and another where Murdoch ends up flying one of the first aeroplanes over the Niagara Falls. But I can't recall seeing any weapons carried by any of the police.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Yes I do tend to ramble about don't I?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Bing.alau we understand and we don't hold it against you.

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

What a sad state of affairs this country is in now I find.

The continuing threat by these animals has entered a new era in most peoples eyes. Asking members of the public to film and photograph the act of murdering a serving British soldier is sick in the extreme. The politicos will threaten to clamp down and a different attitude to these people but it will not happen. The same was threatened after the 7/7 bombings but the spineless people in charge of this country will carry on standing idly by whilst this cancer in our midst grows with the assistance of the Human Rights Act.

The animals who have carried out this act have been in my opinion encouraged by the spineless attempts of the government to fail to deal with the promoters of this act, people like Quotada and the like. They smirk at us ordinary people of the UK whilst picking up state benefits and have legal aid delivered by the wheelbarrow load to support their Human Rights.

What a mess. We have bent over backwards to allow them to live a life free of the hardships of their own country and support them at times to the detriment of our own ways. It's time for change, and by that I mean stop fannying about with this useless human rights act and start putting the security and well being of the good, honest and law abiding UK citizens first, instead of those that threaten, kill, maim or abuse our children.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 1

I find it interesting that "terrorism" now seems to mean "the work of Islamic extremists".

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room