We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What sort of police attitude is this?

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Mid afternoon today a policewoman knocked on my door, my daughter answered it and the conversation went as follows.

WPC, there has been a burglary in this road.

Daughter, oh, which house was it.

WPC, not telling you.

Daughter, what do you want to know.

WPC, have you got CCTV

Daughter, yes we have as it happens four cameras.

WPC, where do they point.

Daughter explained.

WPC, well that is no use to us.

WPC, do you bolt your doors.

Daughter yes.

WPC, well I didn't hear you unbolt it when I knocked on the door.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

And your point is?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

You mean a police woman came on her own, but seriously they aren't all like that.

We have a local police woman and she is brilliant, she even pops into the stables to check there aren't any problems.

She must have been having one of those days.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

alan14 - bumpkin's point is in the title of his thread ... concerning the police's attitudes when approaching and interacting with the public ... sometimes they fall short of accepted standards.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

alan14, my point was the attitude "not telling you" "that is no use to us" having supposedly called to see if we could help.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

carver "but seriously they aren't all like that." they are not indeed all like that had very good experiences in the past with the police.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

bumpkin

And she'd been asking the same questions all the way up & down the street, you'd get a bit peed off after a while too. The police are human too you know

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

alan14, yes I appreciate your point but why the uneccessary "that is no use to us " comment or the one about I did not hear you unbolt the door. I do not expect to have to bolt my doors mid afternoon.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You seem to be under the impression that if you were burgled it would be OK for a Police officer to spread the news to anyone who asked. It's perfectly normal for Police to refuse to give out such information.

As for the 'that is no use to us' remark, what on earth is wrong with that? It's a perfectly straightforward remark - you're being wildly over-sensitive.

Asked if you bolted your doors, your daughter said 'yes'. The Police officer noticed that your daughter didn't unbolt the door,and said so. Again, you're overreacting.

I think you need to get a sense of perspective.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Couldn't agree more.

If you're not satisfied make a formal complaint.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

bumpkin

"I do not expect to have to bolt my doors mid afternoon."

Perhaps you might like to reconsider that!!

Pensioner attacked during Afternoon nap

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Three buys O2 to become UK's largest network

IDG UK Sites

CarPlay and Android Auto: only a stepping stone to a fully connected car

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft's HoloLens hands-on review

IDG UK Sites

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED