We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

If you want to by pass call centre menus

carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

If you don't want to spend minutes waiting for the call centre menu to send you into a hair pulling maniac then have a look here enter link description here I do not know how good it is or even if it could help you but at least it's worth a try.

I've entered quite a few numbers for different company's and it does seem to work.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I tend to hit the hash key repeatedly which usually gets me to a human being, then of course as they are invariably Asian which means I cannot understand them anyway and give up.

But added this to favouites it might come in handy.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Thanks, bookmarked, just in case!

Like this post  
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I often find if you don't press anything at all you are often transferred to a real person?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I had to phone the Eye Clinic at the hospital today to make an appointment, and was presented with a confusing array of options involving leaving a message with Name, address, Phone number, hospital number, NHS number. Then followed options to record a message, erase and rerecord your message, add to message, send message, make it urgent. Then a message from them that they would phone me back within 24hrs due to being extremely busy. So I just left my name and phone number and rang off, and about a minute later they rang back with an appointment.

Now my point is all they need to have is options to make an appointment or cancel an appointment, all the rest is unnecessary as they are going to call back anyway. If they just answered the phone they would also save them the cost of returned calls.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......