We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sometimes nature makes the best art

carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

Looking at these enter link description here and the cloud formations are just so brilliant, both my wife and myself just love walking and looking at the scenery but my daughter at 21 just dismisses these things as "well it's just a cloud".

I some times despair and can't help but think that unless it appears on a smart phone screen some of these kids are missing so much.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I can't understand why anyone needs to wear headphones while doing an outdoor pursuit. The sound of nature (which is often silence), is the only sound track I want to hear.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I suppose its a bit like asking where beans, bread or milk comes from, and then being told "a supermarket"?.

Nature can be a fantastic experience, especially for the eye or ears of the beholder (sometimes?). Recently there as been a number of documentary type programs, where the main people involved in the filming have brought the attention of certain things to the public, especially on the 'night heavens' and the 'early morning sunrises'.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

You appreciate these things as you get older. Their day will come.

Like this post  
BT

Likes # 0

There's a website devoted to Cloud Appreciation.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

"sometimes..."? I would say always. Great scenes though.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"The Cloud Appreciation Society" That's one that Ray Davies surely missed in '68...

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'll go with Bing.alau. You only start to appreciate these things as you get older.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...