We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Double postings on the increase

mart7
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have noticed there has been an increase in the amount of double postings on the forum,even to the extent of a quad posting today in one of the sections Just wondering why this is? i myself havent manged to double post :)

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Yes you have!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"i myself haven't manged to double post :)"

You have now I notice, perhaps the FE will delete the other one :O)

The problem appears to be server overloads, and people are perhaps double or triple clicking in the 'waiting for' or Sorry error message zone?.

Like this post  
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

I happens. I imagine there are more important things in our lives.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Did it on purpose John Bunyan note the smiley :)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

"Did it on purpose"

Well please don't.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I think that most of us unintentionally double post on occasions, does it matter?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Just following what PCA does, the nuber of times the same news story is posted twice on the front page is ridiculous 2 or 3 timesa week

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Androids browsrer seems to be the main culrit.with persistant 'browser not responding warnings.

It happened to me rcently and a I blamed my 'cheap' tablet, however at a lunch date a companion said the same problem arose on her 'high grade' tablet.

I have tried alternative browsers such as Lightning- still happens but not so much and FireFox for Android not at all but has other issues. The best so far is on my notebook running Crunch Bang with Iceweasel. Thats another story. j

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

It's because the site, to me at least, can be very s l o w and does not always react immediately causing me to think that I did not click on "post" so I do it again then I get two!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

HondaMan

It doesn't matter how slow you think the site is running, once you click in your browser you send a post to our server, even if you don't see anything happen immediately. Click again, and you send a second copy, and so on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...