We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The 'drop-down' FORUMS menu has introduced a bold font ... has any body else noticed?

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

... what's the significance of that, FE?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The forum that is in bold font is the forum link that you clicked on and are presently in. For example I clicked on the link for Speakers Corner so that is the one in bold font at the moment.

Although, having said that, it doesn't always happen... but that's pca for you.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The change probably explains why I had real difficulties with the site earlier on with server overload messages, etc. PCA is a bit hit and miss. Instead of putting in fancy bold bits I wish they would sort out some of the real irritants like finding that when you go to the latest post all you get is the initial post.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I think that you may be mistaken.

However, if you have a Forum open and use the Drop-down Menu, the Forum you have open is in Bold and has been for as long as I can remember.

Like this post  
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Woolwell

**"Instead of putting in fancy bold bits I wish they would sort out some of the real irritants like finding that when you go to the latest post all you get is the initial post.

We haven't put in any fancy bold bits. It's been like that for a long time.

I've just clicked on 'last' in every thread I could find on this page with 'last' on the page list, and not once did I get only the original post.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

But why do we need the original post taking up space on every page?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Forum Editor - It's not clicking on last but last response (latest) when you have a list of threads. The one about Cameron and EU is doing it now.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

I'm with Woolwell on this... very often, with multi-page posts (four, five pages), clicking on the "2 hours ago" or "17 minutes ago" from the main forum page (±) just doesn't work... using multiple computers, multiple browsers, even tablets. It's not fully predictable when it will misbehave, but it's usually a many-paged thread.

(± That's not the first page of an individual thread, and clicking on the "previous 1. 2 . 3 area; that's always worked)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

HondaMan

"But why do we need the original post taking up space on every page?"

So that people who read through to the end, and then want to post a response, can refresh their memory of what the originator said, or asked. I find it very useful.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"original post taking up space on every page" is extremely useful, please keep.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September