We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will He , Won't he ? Abu Qatada.

john bunyan

Likes # 0

Having cost the taxpayer millions Abu Qatada now hints he may agree to go to Jordan if they ratify the treaty. Theresa May must be breathing a sigh of relief.

Abu Qatada

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Don't hold your breath.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

I don't doubt that Abu Qatada, like all religious fanatics, is a most unpleasant person but I'm interested to see that he appears not to fear a fair trial in Jordan.

If, and I'm only speculating here, if he was found not guilty by that trial would people accept it as fair?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I wont hold my breath whilst the pink pigs are flying.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

wiz-king I'm glad you've seen them as well, just thought I'd had to much to drink.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Very late April Fools

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I don't care how or why he is removed from this country and returned to Jordan, just make it sooner rather than later.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If he is found 'not guilty' in a Jordan court-of-law, will he then be able to return to the UK, if he so desires?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

"If he is found 'not guilty' in a Jordan court-of-law, will he then be able to return to the UK, if he so desires?"

I think not, as he is, I believe, a Palestinian of Jordan origin so presumably could be refused entry.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

He is a Jordanian national. He was born in Bethlehem which at the time (1960) was under Jordan's control.

I wouldn't give much for his chances of ever being allowed back into the UK, once he leaves.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes