We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Peoples Postcode Lottery, Scam or Honest?

seaeaacr1

Likes # 0

My wife plays this lottery and on 03/03/2013 was informed she had won £5 which would be paid into the bank paying the Direct Debit (mine) within 28days here we are on 08/05/2013 and despite Many 'phone calls and supplying bank statements still no sign of any winnings!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Provided you have registered your bank account with the company you should see any winnings in your account within 28 days. This is a clearly stated commitment from the operators.

Presumably you have registered your bank account?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

This has been running for some time, seven years in Scotland, and is quite legitimate.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

It's a very good business. Gives some money to Charity and it's non-profit-making.

That means - All the profits go in Directors salaries

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Gives some money to Charity "

"All the profits go in Director's salaries"

Can't do both, surely?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You can always check the credential on registered charities, by going to the Charity Commission for information and accounts.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

morddwyd: its a business which is designed to persuade that you are giving money to Charities, after the deduction of Prize Monies, which it does.

It's a totally legit, Non Profit-making Charity. However, its Directors are not Paupers

Like this post
zippy007

Likes # 0

postcode lottery a scam,i will tell you why,after playing for 4 months and not winning,i cancel the next months payment,only to find a week later that i have won £5 on the 16 june 2013,which was still valid upto the end of the month.after sending emails and getting comfirmation that i have won and the money would be in the bank within 28 WORKING days. Several phone calls later it would appear that they had £3000 more than usual to pay out.thats the reason for the delay.but they said they would give me a free ticket in the meantime.but need to reset up a d/d account, (paid with paypal account normally.) and they assure me that no money would come out of the bank. my answer was don,t bother. i will wait and see if ever the money turns up.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I think you're on dodgy ground legally coming right out and bluntly calling it a scam.

They have obviously made some errors with regard to your account, but there are a legitimate company and may well look dimly on being called scammers!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Never said it was a scam just wanted to know if it was genuine or not so I cannot see anything wrong with the question.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

zippy007

If you pay to enter the Peoples Postcode Lottery by Direct Debit, or if you signed up by Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal but have already registered your bank account details with the Lottery company, your prize money will be transferred to your bank account within 28 days.

Please don't make any further allegations about it being a scam, because it isn't.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more