We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nigel Evans Conservative MP

BSOD

Likes # 0

arrested on suspicion of raping 2 men.

With Stuart Hall finally admitting his guilt how many more well know faces will be put under the spotlight.

Breaking news on sky news.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Why emphasise "Conservative"? Like others he has yet to be convicted.. The MP who was drunk and punchy in the House - Eric Joyce shows that all parties have those who have broken the law - remember Jeremy Thorpe and others?

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

Because if it was just headed Nigel Evans, few would have heard of him.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I Agree re Mp, but the Conservative bit seemed OTT

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

There has been an e-mail doing the rounds for a number of years, which supposedly gives the percentage details of all the MP's in our Parliament who have committed crimes. If (repeat if) it is true then our representatives aren't a very nice lot of people.

By the way I have also seen more or less exactly the same e-mail describing the Australian Parliament. So I am a bit suspicious of its truthfulness. Have we got a mirror image on the other side of the world?

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

john bunyan

It's difficult not to mention that he's a Conservative MP, since it clearly says in the news reports that

"Deputy House of Commons Speaker Nigel Evans has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault, Conservative sources say."

The 'Conservative sources' is surely the giveaway??

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It just needed to mention that he was an MP and Deputy Speaker the political party is irrelevant to the story.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Spider9

OK. If guilty I am not bothered. I just thought his political persuasion was irrelevant - as was that of the ex- Mayor on the assault thread. A few MP's of all parties have historically committed crimes. I hope no one starts a new thread with " Labour M P..."

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

He could be UKIP, Labour, SNP, LibDem, Conservative or even Green Party or Monster Raving Loony. The relevant bit is that he is a MP and Deputy Speaker.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"how many more well known faces" - Just how well known is Nigel Evans? I had never heard of him and didn't know he was a Deputy Speaker. I hope that if the allegations turn out to be true they throw the book at him. But how many more known faces - who knows?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Woolwell - you said:-

"The relevant bit is that he is a MP and Deputy Speaker."

That is totally irrelevant ... whatever the outcome of the criminal police investigations.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...