We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Coming Soon to a School Near You?

fourm member

Likes # 0

The Marathon for a Drug Free UK looks like just another way to try and teach young people about the potential harm psychoactive substances can cause.

During the run, the organisers plan to distribute booklets from the Foundation for a Drug-Free World. If you are not familiar with that organisation you can find out more about them here.

It looks as though the run will pass through my district council's area so I'm about to contact my local councillor to ask him to confirm that none of the schools will be involved.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Not sure about Scotland but in England it would be a County Councillor or Unitary authority councillor as District Councils are not responsible for education.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

If Scientology is behind this, I share your concern. Are there any Scientologists willing to "come out" here?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

If you'd mentioned it was a Scientology group you'd have saved me clicking on the link and visiting their page. Now I have a scientology cookie on my PC and will have to throw it in the bin

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Bang on fm it is Scientology as it calls itself, bad news for anyone daft enough to get involved but the young are vulnerable.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The word / spelling / pronounciation of the word 'school' always leaves me somewhat ... uneasy.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

My Norton flags both links as Red so unless Tom Cruise makes an appearance may be it will not catch.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

kad60

My Norton flags both links as Red

I can't imagine why - there's nothing wrong with them. There are three links, by the way.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I am not surprised that are few responses to your thread as soon as "Scientology" enters the equation most people are off. Quite rightly too.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

I bought a book on "The Church of Scientology" about 40 yrs ago as a matter of interest. What a load of crap, they got my address from some where and still keep sending me their garbage even though I have moved twice.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

bumpkin

I wasn't really expecting much of a discussion.

This marathon looks to be in its early stages of planning so I thought a few people might become aware of it and, just maybe, stop a local school from taking part.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback