We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Forum functions - votes, dates, etc

simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone

We're looking at various functions around the PC Advisor site, and are interested in your views on a couple of the functions of the forum.

You can order posts by date or number of votes.

Do you ever use these functions - either voting/liking or reordering the thread posts?

Thanks,

Simon

Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No, didnt know they existed! - please explain. Do you mean on the 'your posts' page or the main pages?

Ah - just seen the like button -- never used it!!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Order by the simple date/time last post.

Sometimes use search (which is a bit unrefined) but never use anything else.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 2

I think the only time I've 'liked' a post was to find out what happened when you clicked on the hand making rabbit ears on the wall.

I certainly wasn't aware that you could sort a thread by 'likes' but then, I've never seen a thread with enough 'likes' to make it meaningful to sort it that way.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Does anyone like the idea of Like or Vote?

It's meant to encourage people to agree with technical answers or points of view here at Speakers Corner.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

not used it, what advantages has it got. i think most of the regulars here visit once a day and go back over the last 24 hours or so.

if you stll looking for improvements could we have a preview of the post when you hover the curser over the title of the post please.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"It's meant to encourage people to agree with technical answers or points of view here at Speakers Corner."

If I agree I say so, similarly if I disagree, as, I suspect, do most here.

Likes, and Votes, are a bit gimmicky.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 4

I don't use the Likes or Vote options, don't see any point in either.

Bring back old style Yellow Envelope - Please! (I wonder how many might 'Like' this post?)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

I too did not know these things existed, I think there are far more useful additions that would be more useful.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I knew they existed but have not seen the point of using the like facility.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Never used them - to me they are unnecessary and would not be missed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK