We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Photo Comp results ...

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

PCA Photo competition - Results! Congrats to all the other winners...

competition-winners/

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Good grief - I can't believe I've won something! Congratulations to the other seven.

Many thanks, PCA.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

That was my reaction exactly ... :-))

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

I should have put my forum name on, shouldn't I?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Congrats all, well deserved.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Some really good photos there, I'm pleased to be included along the winners

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Well what a surprise, I actually won something. Brumas eat your heart out. In reality I think there must have only been eight entrants and I happened to be one of them. I took photo's of every scarecrow in that particular "Village Scarecrow" competition. Then thought "Go on, stick one you like in the PC Advisor comp".

I think all the other entrants are brilliant, but was looking forward to pictures of animals and birds. I must say I think the windmill picture is strange? Perhaps that is why it is a winner? I like "Chocolate Gob" and the sunset one very much. The "Railway Lines" picture immediately took me to the Jewish Concentration camps for some reason.

I will not make my speech too long, but wish to thank my mum and dad etc... If anybody wants my autograph please send money. None of that virtual stuff thank you!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Credit where credit is due, some of those photos would not look out of place in National Geographic.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Congratulations one and all, and a big thank you to everyone who entered.

We'll be doing this again, so keep taking those winning shots.

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Will I be able to enter another of my now famous "Scarecrow pictures"?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I put quite a bit of planning into the railway lines picture and I'm very proud of it, which is unusual for me.

It's a miniature railway north of Carnforth (Cinderbarrow if you're interested) and it only runs at weekends and holidays, so other times it's quite safe to straddle the tracks to take photographs. I inverted my camera on the tripod so it was only a couple of inches above the track.

The image was converted to mono in photoshop, with a simulated infra red light effect added, which is perhaps what makes you think of the trains to Auschwitz, as the effect is very similar to the silver nitrate films of the 20's & 30's

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer