We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do most people drink at home?

Blackhat

Likes # 0

I had to take a mile or so walk this morning through my south Birmingham suburb and the recycling bins were out for collection. I noticed that about 9 out of 10 had empty alcoholic containers in them, wine bottles, beer cans, cider bottles etc.

What does this indicate about our drinking habits?

It is a fortnightly collection and some containers had 15+ wine bottles, others 50+ beer cans.

I enjoy a few rum & cokes at the weekend but like to keep a clear head during the week for work so I buy one small bottle of rum per week.

There are constant reminders in the news about increased hospital admissions due to binge drinking and alcohol related problems but pubs are closing down at an alarming rate. Is drinking at home becoming the norm these days?

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau I just Googled it to check on my facts click here

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I don't doubt it at all, but I am sure the same thing applies to two top makers of "trainers" maybe it is Addidas... Just goggled this and it seems brothers are what makes German industry wheels turn.

This article is about the company. For the song by Korn, see A.D.I.D.A.S.. Adidas

Type Aktiengesellschaft Traded as FWB: ADS, OTCQX: ADDYY Industry Apparel, accessories Founded 1924 as Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik (registered in 1949)1 Founder(s) Adolf Dassler Headquarters Herzogenaurach, Germany Area served Worldwide Key people Igor Landau (Chairman) Herbert Hainer (CEO) Products Footwear, sportswear, sports equipment, toiletries Revenue €14.488 billion (2012)2 Operating income €1.011 billion (2012)2 Profit €1185 million (2012)2 Total assets €11.65 billion (2012)2 Total equity €5.304 billion (2012)2 Employees 46,306 (2012)2 Website www.adidas-group.com Adidas AG (German pronunciation: [?adi?das]) is a German multinational corporation that designs and manufactures sports clothing and accessories based in Herzogenaurach, Bavaria, Germany. It is the holding company for the Adidas Group, which consists of the Reebok sportswear company, TaylorMade-Adidas golf company (including Ashworth ), and Rockport. Besides sports footwear, Adidas also produces other products such as bags, shirts, watches, eyewear, and other sports- and clothing-related goods. Adidas is the largest sportswear manufacturer in Germany and Europe and the second biggest sportswear manufacturer in the world.[3] Adidas was founded in 1948 by Adolf Dassler, following the split of Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik between him and his older brother Rudolf. Rudolf later established Puma, which was the early rival of Adidas. Registered in 1949, Adidas is currently based in Herzogenaurach, Germany. Puma is also based in Herzogenaurach. The company's clothing and shoe designs typically feature three parallel bars, and the same motif is incorporated into Adidas's current official logo.[4][5] The company revenue for 2010 was listed at €11.99 billion.2

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

It's past my bedtime and after an exhausting day winning things, that's where I am going.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Lidl & Aldi are not related, Lidl was founded by the Schwartz family & Aldi by The Albrecht brothers.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

A fiver each way for a cab and £3 a pint in my case to go to a pub. I need to be careful with a few cans at home though as Blackhat may be checking my bin.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

I make my own beer with kits. A tin costs £11 plus a bag of sugar, makes 40 pints.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Just ask any truck driver who has had to deliver to an aldi warehouse what they think of them!

WTM

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

What do you think of them then?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Regardless of what delivery drivers think, Aldi is enjoying increasing success - its market share has risen to 4%, and although that doesn't sound much it's a considerable increase, and in the 12 weeks before Christmas 2012 the company outperformed all the big players in terms of its percentage sales increase.

In the 12 weeks to April 14th this year Aldi recorded its highest ever sales increase of 31%.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

That's probably because I always trumpet how wonderful it is to anybody who will listen. Sometimes I wish I hadn't, because the queues are getting longer at the checkouts.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features