We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Leaving your body to medical science.

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I would quite like to do this but it seems a pretty convoluted process to arrange.

Anyone done it? If so how did you go about it?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

How to donate your body and a beginners guide, although I didn't know you could repeat the offer.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I know that you're serious, but 'Level 1: Short term body hire...?'

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

They won't mine, it's defective!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's why they want them.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

They can have mine as long as they check that I am gone. I thought there was a simple donor card method. If there isn't there should be. Isn't it possible to just put your name on a register, because I am sure I did so a good few years ago now. I also informed my family of my wishes.

If cutting me in to little bits and pieces helps a young medical student in his/her studies, the why not? If they want to discover why I am a genius then that's o.k by me too, they can fiddle around with my brain to their heart's content as well. I wonder why the brain seems to be a separate item for donating?

Quickbeam. Thanks for the link, I shall now have a go at making sure I am perhaps more useful to somebody, after I am dead and gone, than I have been previously.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd

Think you have been staying Scotland for far to long.

That would really cut down on the Funeral Expenses when you eventually part from this world.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Think they are practising on my body already - went to And E with a simple problem of something stuck in my throat and this morning got a letter from a surgeon saying they want to open me up next month :0(

Much rather wait until I'm gone then they can do what they like.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 1

Well I bit the bullet and e-mailed the contact in Liverpool University. Got a quick reply saying application form will be in the post today. Sounds like they are pretty efficient.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Emailed Edinburgh University and I await a reply. I must admit that was a strange email to write, but I did try to lighten it somewhat by putting in the subject box the question "Do you want my body?"

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Don't let them talk you into an early handover date.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK