We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New tax vs old tax

Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

We already now have the extra bedroom tax, what will be next ?

We have already had the 'window' tax, which resulted in thousands of windows being bricked up.

I suggest a gnome tax, a barbecue tax and a conifer tax …. any other suggestions ?

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

"Look at it the right way.. "

As long as that means your way, I suppose! (Heading towards the far-right, maybe?).

Nah, it's still the 'Bedroom Tax' for me (and thousands of others), I suspect.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spider9

'Nah, it's still the 'Bedroom Tax' for me (and thousands of others), I suspect.'

Fine. But please don't be disappointed when politicians are not held to account because lazy journalists think like you.

Like this post
Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Bedroom Tax ?

http://www.housing.org.uk/policy/welfarereform/%E2%80%98under-occupation%E2%80%99penalty.aspx

Some councils have been capped with regards to Council Tax increases but central government has reduced it's contributions to them so some home owners on low wages or benefits now have to pay a part of their council tax. As benefits are now also capped I am unsure were the councils / government expect these poor soles to get the extra money from !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014