We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

strange plusnet homepage popup

rickf
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has plusnet been hijacked. I went on the net just now and the usual homepage was replaced with one asking me to pay by direct debit or credit card with the usual requirements asking for name address etc.,entitled Time To Pay. Needless to say I close it then back on to plusnet and the normal homepage came up. I logged into my a/c and see that I already pay by DD and next payment is not due until May. Or is it that the co is getting too big and confused since taken over by BT!!

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Have since scanned for infection and clean the laptop with CC Cleaner. Nothing found by my anti virus software though.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Just logged in and nothing untoward happened.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Like this post  
bobpullen

Likes # 0

Hi there,

If you haven't missed a payment then there's a slim possibility that the IP address you were assigned at the time was authenticated against a user who has in our traffic management system.

It's this system that governs the connection profile designed to push people to the billing pages when they've missed a payment.

If you haven't done so already then I'd suggest disconnecting/reconnecting which should clear the problem.

Best regards,

Bob Pullen

Plusnet Digital Care.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

That's impressive from PlusNet's Bob Pullen. As a long time customer, I've never been less than delighted with their customer support. Other ISPs could learn a lot...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger