We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What kids say, a lighter posting for a change.

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Away from all the doom and gloom in the world I take great pleasure from my 3yr old grand daughter and some of her innocent comments.

"Mummy sleeps upside down like a bat" being a recent one. When I asked my daughter why she would say that, mum had turned her bed around it transpired.

I am sure others must have similar examples.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

As we stopped at traffic lights, my 4 year-old granddaughter looked at a sign on the wall of a pub and said "That says no boomerangs allowed". Much to our surprise, she does know what a boomerang is but we can't work out where the comment came from.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

My encounters with children mostly came during my tour-guiding days. Two stay in the memory.

I was just finishing off a tour when a young boy put his hand up. I'm rubbish at aging children but I suppose about 4. I asked him what he wanted and he said 'The other night I was in bed and mummy was in the toilet...' That was all we understood because the rest of the comment was muffled by his mother ramming his face into her chest as she picked him up and ran for the exit.

The second one was my own fault. I always encouraged children to ask questions. At the gate, at the end of a tour, I was talking to a mother when I noticed her child looking quizzical. I asked him if he had a question and he seemed reluctant. So I pressed him and said he could ask any question, it would be alright.

Still a little unsure he said 'Why have you got such a big red nose?'

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I remember getting a think ear in the bus queue when I was about 5 or 6 for shrilly asking why is that lady so fat!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

marvin42

The answer might be the Walkabout Australian themed pub chain, here in the UK. Perhaps your granddaughter relates something to that, and you need to have a discussion with her parent's ;o)

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Marvin42, I would take my boomerangs elsewhere if that is their attitude.

Like this post
paddyjack

Likes # 0

The other evening at dinner my 5 year old granddaughter comes out with 'I do not believe in god, god did not create the world. Santa is busy and needs lots of helpers'. NO idea where it all came from, but that's the joy of kids.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

My mother read this one out to me from womens Mag.

A women at a funeral in churh had a little boy with her, during in a silent moment the little boy piped up, mummy whats in the box, it caused a few smiles and laughs.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

At a nephews wedding five years ago - got to the point where asked if any impediment?

Total silence for a couple of seconds then a little voice piped up "Uh Ooh"

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

fourm member

'Why have you got such a big red nose?

That reminded me of when I was with a Chinese trader well up country in Sarawak many years ago, where very few foreigners were seen. One of the local children, about 4,pointing to my colleague and I , asked her father something in Hokkien. When pressed he said she had said " Why do those foreigners have long noses, like ant - eaters?"

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

It was decided to let my Grandson, aged seven, watch a Tv sex education programme. It turned out to be more explicit than his parents expected. After detailed interrogation which I will not go into he stated that by the time he was grown up he hoped that they would have found a better method of human reproduction.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing