We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scary Publication

Al94

Likes # 0

I was sent a link to a very scary publication today, judge for yourselves

http://info.publicintelligence.net/InspireWinter2013.pdf

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I would have preferred you to use the words "British people and soldiers" rather than "English" as it was not specifically English that the IRA targeted (and still do). They managed to take out a few other nationalities as well.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

A194 now you mention it not once did he say British people, it was always English, so sorry but I was just thinking and trying to keep to his words.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

I knew such publications existed but had never actually seen one before. To be honest I am not too sure what to make of it. One thing's for sure it has made me even more aware of the danger of such extremist views. I am however wondering if there are not similar publications but of the opposite point of view. Israel, some of the southern states of the USA, or closer to home the extreme right wing of some east European states. I suppose that any extreme political movement is sure to have it’s publication that would to us seem outrageous. But then what we call extreme may be quite acceptable to others and there may some who consider us to be the extremist.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have to agree that the 66.45MB download from the link was a little scary.

But can someone tell me what the fuss is all about, because this type of publication is widely available on the internet and elsewhere, if anyone is interested to go and locate it?.

Most major towns in the UK would also have this material available, and it wouldn't take much finding.

Personally if you want to ban this type of thing, and put everyone on the same level playing field. Then perhaps start with enforcing some of the laws, with those certain people that preach hatred openly, to audiences that have been made very welcome into this country and elsewhere!.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

'similar publications but of the opposite point of view.'

I read something the other day seriously proposing that the US should invade any country where it found drugs being produced.

And I've read plenty of political party manifestos in this country that come down to the concept of hatred of the 'other'.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"One thing he said to me concerned the English fight against the IRA and why did we allow the Americans to fund raise in complete openness for the IRA and why did they continue to raise money even when the Americans knew the money raised was to buy arms to kill English people and soldiers."

Again you seem to fail to understand a situation. It's not for us to 'allow' Americans to do or not to do anything on their own soil. By the same token there are no doubt Americans who wonder why we 'allow' terrorists in this country to plot acts of terrorism against American targets.

"we are friends with a country who not many years ago supplied money and arms to a terrorist organisation to kill us"

America did not supply money or arms to the IRA - some Americans did; there's a difference, which you apparently fail to understand.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Forum Editor sorry to take so long to get back to you but can you explain why you would only take a part of a sentence then paste it on this site so that it means some thing different then have a go at me as thought it is my impression of some thing.

It's just that if some one else had done the same thing you would be having a go at them about distorting a posting.

As I said, I merely asked a Muslim neighbour his thoughts on what you said what not a religious organisation but a terrorist group and as near as possible put his words on here.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

carver

I didn't take part of a sentence so it distorted the meaning - I quoted from your post; the context would be perfectly clear to anyone reading the thread. I appreciate that you were repeating someone else's words, but you made no reference to disagreeing with what he said, indeed you said "After listening to him for a good 30 minutes he nearly converted me."

I made the not unreasonable assumption that you agreed with what you were told. Are you now saying that you disagree with your neighbour's take on the subject?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

F.E I didn't agree with a word he said to me but decided that living at the side of some one is far better if you do not argue over religion.

"After listening to him for a good 30 minutes he nearly converted me." I didn't believe that I had expand on that statement it was meant as a joke not a fact.

F.E if you want to have a further private discussion just e-mail me, and I'm not being funny this is rather more serious than to have a joke about it.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I think this afternoon's events may have proved just how serious.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow