We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scary Publication

Al94

Likes # 0

I was sent a link to a very scary publication today, judge for yourselves

http://info.publicintelligence.net/InspireWinter2013.pdf

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Al94, a 66mb download is very scary, creepy even ... on dial-up ;o{

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Sorry, only a few seconds on Infinity!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Forgot about the implications of the download size so will be a bit more specific about what it is.

Inspire is an English language online magazine reported to be published by the organization al-Qaeda

Like this post
carver

Likes # 1

Do you know what is scary, try and publish a Christian article like that and you would be shut down.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Precisely! The articles on burning cars and causing road accidents are bad to say the least!

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

I think what is scary is anyone taking this stuff seriously.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

carver

Firstly, do you have any proof that a Christian organisation publishing stuff "like that" would be shut down

Secondly, maybe the powers that be allow stuff "like that" to be published so they can track the people that download it, so maybe it's a good idea not to click on the link.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

alan14 unless you click on the link you do not know what the site is about, also if they allowed stuff like that then they would allow other racist material so they could track that.

Also I do not believe that this government would allow a Christian site to promote racism or crimes against a Muslim population.

Unless you can't see any thing wrong in what they are promoting.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

carver

"Also I do not believe that this government would allow a Christian site to promote racism or crimes against a Muslim population."

Quite rightly so, if illegal material was published to a UK or European server.

What you don't seem to understand is that Inspire is a magazine. It's not published in the UK, so the British government has no jurisdiction over its production. Several people have been arrested in this country and imprisoned for possessing copies of the magazine. In 2013, an independent news website was issued with a caution for linking to and hosting the magazines for research.

I do wish you would do a little research before you post sweeping statements such as "try and publish a Christian article like that and you would be shut down."

This has nothing to do with Christianity - Al Qaeda is a terrorist organisation.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

"This has nothing to do with Christianity - Al Qaeda is a terrorist organisation"

"A bit like the IRA, SORRY Sinn Féin ".

That is the response I received from my neighbour when I asked him his opinion on Al Qaeda , he pointed out that for some Muslims they are merely fighting for their right to fulfil their religious duty's to wage a jihad in the fight against American oppression.

One thing he said to me concerned the English fight against the IRA and why did we allow the Americans to fund raise in complete openness for the IRA and why did they continue to raise money even when the Americans knew the money raised was to buy arms to kill English people and soldiers.

This is from a Muslim and he is telling me that we are friends with a country who not many years ago supplied money and arms to a terrorist organisation to kill us.

After listening to him for a good 30 minutes he nearly converted me.

"What you don't seem to understand is that Inspire is a magazine, It's not published in the UK, so the British government has no jurisdiction over its production.

Yes I did realise it's a magazine and it's not from this country.

That's why I said "Also I do not believe that this government would allow a Christian site to promote racism or crimes against a Muslim population.

So would this satisfy your criteria as research.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September