We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Professional Footballers as Roll Models (What a laugh)

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm surprised there has been no thread opened about the Liverpool player who gave his opponent a rather over the ball, love bite. Maybe they should issue him with a muzzle when, and after he has served his ban.

Sorry but if I can't joke about this event I would feel like crying. When are these overpaid posers going to behave in a manner which makes them look like real hero's.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

It seems quite few of us football loving guys have been turning over to rugby. I know I would rather watch that now. But hey, I have seen some sadistic rugby players too. It has even been known for them to bite lumps out of each other.

If I had been bitten in a game of football I am afraid I would have retaliated. Not by biting back, but it would have been a little while before the biter got himself up off the ground. I am surprised the recipient of the bite didn't wallop the little blighter/biter. Yes I know you aren't supposed to retaliate, but in my opinion rules should be broken on occasions like those.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

One word for him, is he's a nutter. Should be put in a Zoo

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"The police aren't taking action because no complaint has been made."

That's OK then.

Be alright to kill my wife as long as she doesn't complain!

Biting is not uncommon in rugby, though I never indulged myself, but I never saw it being done off the ball, or indeed anywhere outside the scrum.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

morddwyd

"...but I never saw it being done off the ball, or indeed anywhere outside the scrum."

Sorry, but I don't see how it could possibly matter where, on the field of play, the biting took place??

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Is that why American Footballers wear crash-helmets with face grills or is it merely to protect their gnashers?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I could only ever be bitten once by someone, they wouldn't have enough teeth left to try it a second time...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

"....they wouldn't have enough teeth left to try it a second time..."

Thank goodness footballers seem to have a good deal more self-control than you.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Sorry, but I don't see how it could possibly matter where, on the field of play, the biting took place??"

It doesn't, it's a foul no matter where it takes place.

However, in rugby it's a known and accepted risk in the scrum, where all sorts of things happen.

Hookers, in particular, wear scrum caps not just to protect their ears against rubbing.

For the couple of seasons I was tried in that position I was never without one.

The odd nip, properly timed, could just delay your strike that critical amount.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Why do you think so many rugby players have missing teeth!

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

morddwyd

You appear to accept the notion that it is going to happen in a rugby scrum ("..an accepted risk.."), which, to my mind, makes rugby players far worse than footballers if the biting, or 'nipping' is being used as a premeditated way of gaining advantage. And some people say 'rugger' is a gentleman's game??

Quickbeam

"they wouldn't have enough teeth left "

Always assuming, I suppose, your assailant is older/smaller/weaker than yourself.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers