We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Professional Footballers as Roll Models (What a laugh)

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm surprised there has been no thread opened about the Liverpool player who gave his opponent a rather over the ball, love bite. Maybe they should issue him with a muzzle when, and after he has served his ban.

Sorry but if I can't joke about this event I would feel like crying. When are these overpaid posers going to behave in a manner which makes them look like real hero's.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

They never set themselves up as Role Models

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

wee eddie. Some of them do. Where did I get the word "roll" from when it should have been "role"? Oh well Rock on.... It must be getting near my bed time.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

To be serious, I know a few of them from my pub days. Some are really good role models and give a lot back to the community. But these overpaid nonentities spoil it in a fit of pique. Probably been spoiled and got away with being brats all their lives.

I can't remember anything like it happening until recent years when another oaf by the name of Cantona did his Kung-Fu act in front of thousands and should have been jailed for it. Why don't the police arrest the culprit then and there in full public view. Football grounds are public places aren't they?

They should stick this offender in the stocks and let the public take little nibbles out of him.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

We set them up as Role Models. It is us that suggest that our kids emulate them. We tell them that, because we pay them lots of money, they should behave like saints and then moan when they behave like the rest of us.

They just want to play Football and make as much money as they can in their short playing career.

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

Whether they are set up as "role models" or believe themselves to be is not the issue in this case it is whether an adult can understand the difference between right and wrong but in what can be considered criminal behaviour off field then why not should it be considered on field.Ivanovic should be bringing a private case against this thug (and cheat),no one else wants to, who appears to be worse than Barton.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Ivanovic should be bringing a private case against this thug"

Why? Why should it be a private case?

Why aren't the police taking action?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The police aren't taking action because no complaint has been made. The club and the FA will deal with it internally (thereby keeping it under the carpet?).

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

There is little likelihood of this being "kept under the carpet", it's gone worldwide viral!

Far be it from me to defend the man, but there is every chance he had been severely provoked at some stage - professional football can be a very nasty game, and any brilliant player (particularly a goal scorer) will be subjected to all kinds of mean, and illegal fouls to "knock him off his game" during every match. Every 'corner' or free-kick involves players being 'all over each other' and some very dubious tactics used (not all spotted by refs).

That is the nature of the game when such big money is involved, and not only for the players, but the owners as well.

I didn't see it as Suarez being a 'thug', it was more like a three year old would behave in a nursery!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The talk on Five Live last night was an expectation of a 3 month ban and a hefty (even for a well paid footballer) fine. Watch this space as I think the FA is very displeased at the subsequent post event publicity that this has attracted and will want to be seen to be very hard on girlie biters.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Suddenly brings back memories of Norman 'bite yer legs' Hunter!!

But, I stress, he didn't, actually!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...