We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

British Animal Hero's - last nights TV

wiz-king
Resolved

Likes # 0

Was spoilt for me by too many adverts and a presenter whose sycophantic manner grated on my nerves. About 30 minuets of interesting program padded to 2hrs. Anyone else find it that bad?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Regarding animals as heroes is like calling cats cruel or sharks merciless.

They are entirely human concepts and are not found outside our species.

Animals do what they are programmed to do.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I agree with morddwyd, a pointless programme and pointless awards.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

British Animal Heroes suggests that there must be an International Animal Heroes yet to come...

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Boring TV which is pretty much the norm these days, not forgetting repeats of course.

Like this post  
fourm member

Likes # 0

I'm sure TV writers have shortcut keys for the phrases 'In tonight's programme...', 'still to come...', 'coming up next...', 'earlier we saw...'

It's a way of making programmes cheaper and, sadly, must be effective in retaining viewers across the advert breaks.

These days, of course, you can't just be a snob and say 'That's commercial television, I only watch the BBC' because BBC programmes are made with one eye on the aftermarket and contain the same devices for when the show gets run every hour on ReallyPickFoodTV.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

What channel number does ReallyPickFoodTV go out on Freeview?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I didn't watch the program, which is possibly a change to my normal viewing. But it must have made some people very happy?.

Now to get out a pen and paper, so that I can nominate the animals in our household for some sort of reward or other :O)

Note: I didn't say "my" or "our" animals, they are from rescued sources, and at times I think it may show?.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I take my proverbial hat off to those sensible [brave] thoroughbred racehorses that refuse to go into the stalls at the start of a race or the 'jumpers' that unseat their riders approaching obstacles, when they are not in the mood!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

It might pay to see some of those sensible (brave) thoroughbred racehorses, who refuse or do not come up to scratch. Quite a number end up as horsemeat, due to their living costs and expensive vet's bills.

The same might apply to greyhounds.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

morddwyd said " Animals do what they are programmed to do."

So do we as humans. No choice in the matter. We 'think' we're better but who is to judge?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote