We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

We have just lost a true heroine, Anne Williams

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Here is one lady who really should have had a funeral with full honours. She has fought tooth and nail for many years for justice. Now cancer has won another battle she was fighting and taken her. But not before she won, with the help of other relatives of those killed, against such foes as Margaret Thatcher, who we in Liverpool think instigated the cover up of the Hillsborough disaster. Maybe they will meet in the afterlife if there is one? I would love to be there if that should happen. My money would be on a win for Anne Williams. RIP Anne, you deserve it.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - if they do meet in heaven for an afterlife 'battle-of-the-handbags showdown ... my money would be on Anne.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Notably, the flag flew at half mast on Liverpool Town Hall today, a sign of true respect that Liverpool refused for Thatcher.

Congratulations for getting your priorities right.

May she rest in peace, things are turning out right for the 96, it's just such a shame she didn't live long enough to get her son's death certificate corrected

Like this post  
morddwyd

Likes # 0

If you're going to have yet another dig at Margaret Thatcher you might make it clear in the title rather than wrapping it up in some mawkish sentimentality.

You said the lady concerned had foes, but you saw fit to mention only one of them, a recently dead, demented old lady.

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

Well put Bing.alau.

Just hope and pray that history will exonerate all those who lost their lives on that awful day. I also hope the full truth comes out and those responsible for the wicked lies are named and shamed.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

morddwyd

"If you're going to have yet another dig at Margaret Thatcher...... a recently dead, demented old lady."

Classic humour, morddwyd, made my day. Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Margaret Thatcher, who we in Liverpool think instigated the cover up of the Hillsborough disaster."

And your evidence in support of your belief that she 'instigated'a cover up is?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

non-existant but when has that ever stopped some people

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Classic humour, morddwyd, made my day. Thanks."

You obviously have some very unusual experiences of senile dementia if you can find humour in it.

You must have found the film "Iris" a real hoot.

Takes special sort of mind, I guess.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

morddwyd

I apologise, without reservation, if I have been offensive to you.

I took your post as starting off by seeming to be going to have a go at those who are 'having another dig' - yet then, in the tail of your post, you refer to her, yourself, as demented ( having a dig yourself, I thought!). This, I presumed, was quite clever humour on your part - but obviously not.

It may be playing on words but when someone says , for example, "You are demented" they would not be using the phrase to mean "You have dementia". The first of those phrases is in regular conversational usage,and does not imply dementia, the medical condition - like saying "You're mad" or "You're crazy" to someone would not mean you seriously mean they should be placed in an asylum.

It was the juxtaposition of the concepts in your post, that I have obviously misinterpreted.

We have a centegenarian in our family and are perfectly au fait with the condition senile dementia - yet, strangely, there are times when humour does arise, even in these circumstances, as many medical people would agree, I'm sure.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

FE. No evidence. Just a hunch as the cowboys used to say. An awful lot of Liverpool people think along the same lines. Sorry if it upsets Margaret Thatcher's supporters.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...