We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Meanwhile as I predicted...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

several years ago. 'While the south of England holds a state funeral, the old mining communities will hold street parties with bunting and jelly and ice cream'.

Brian Rix farce in Goldthorpe...

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"There's still people in Scotland looking for revenge for Edward I."

I remember a member of the Kinloss Mountain Reuse Team telling me a story about when they had bee way out west.

They had just booked into somehwere for the night when somebody mentioned that Jock Campbell was outside stowing the gear.

From a crusty old curmudgeon ina corner cake the comment "You'll no be mentioning that name in this hoose"!

People have long memories!

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

fourm member, I agree with you but most of us accept what is presented by the media. Terrorists of course want maximum coverage, so do you give them that or suppress it which will encourage greater atrocities. I don't know the answer.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Would there have been a "State Funeral" if labour were in power?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I wondered that. maybe they would have only had the pantomime one then.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

bumpkin

You make a very good point and, as always, I'm glad I'm just speculating about it on an Internet forum rather than having to make those decisions.

At one end of the scale the attention given to Paul Kevin Curtis this week runs the risk of encouraging other 'crazies' to try the same thing. At the other, as you say, you have the chance of someone committing a major act of terrorism because the media wasn't interested when all they did was a bit of banner waving and flag burning.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It wasn't a state funeral but very much like it and was approved by labour when they were in power Sun

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer